Thursday, February 4, 2010

ONE MONTH ALREADY!

I cannot believe that I have been in South Africa for one month already! I started my 4th week at the schools and next week I start teaching! Teaching here is going to be more difficult because I teach a different grade each class. For example, all grade 6 students have math from 9 to 10 am. There are 3 math teachers that teach the different levels the 6 grade math students are at. I teach grade 5, 6, and 7 grade maths so that means four different lesson plans a day! CRAZY! Next week, I am teaching place value and number value to grade 5, fractions to grade 6, and expontents and square roots to grade 7.

It is amazing how time flies by here. I cannot believe that tomorrow is already Friday. My friends and I have booked our first trip for this weekend. We are renting a car (or should I say "hire a car" as they say here) and driving to Kwantu elephant game reserve to ride elephants! They also have lions there and we get to hold the cubs! I am already charging my battery for Saturday. Later in the day we are going to the beach.

Next weekend, we are going to meet up with the other COST students in Port Elizabeth. There we will be doing a lot of sight-seeing and shopping.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Followers